This page describes how to make a windows dedicated server. If you don't understand anything or you think something has been missed out, please email us, and we will sort it out.
1. You need to have a program to run the server, either dedicated server or a copy of counterstrike. This can either be #cs.ns or cs.rin.ru version.
2. In your counterstrike directory there are a few files, server.cfg, liblist.gam, motd.txt, mapcycle.txt and autoexec.cfg. These are the files you will be editing.
3. server.cfg is the file where you specify all the cvars. If you don't specify one the default is used.
// Set the Host Name hostname "Server Name Here" // Set the rcon password rcon_password "password" // Exec files on startup exec banned.cfg exec listip.cfg // Server Variables mp_timelimit 25 mp_autokick 0 mp_autoteambalance 1 mp_c4timer 35 mp_flashlight 0 mp_footsteps 1 mp_freezetime 6 mp_friendlyfire 1 mp_hostagepenalty 4 mp_limitteams 2 mp_roundtime 3 mp_tkpunish 0 sv_maxspeed 320 mp_startmoney 800 sv_allowupload 1 sv_voiceenable 1 sv_alltalk 0 sv_voicequality 1 pausable 0 // Enable/Disable LAN mode sv_lan 1
4. The next step is to edit your motd.txt. This file is the first screen you see when you join a server. This file is written in html code, so unless you know html you probably won't know what to do. If you do then the best look is for the background to be black, and for the text to be that yellow orange colour. If you want us to make one for you then just email us with the text you want in it and we will make it for you and email it back.
5. Edit your mapcycle.txt. This is just the maps in the order you want them to cycle. You put the maps as their map names without the .bsp, and one line per map. eg.
de_dust de_aztec de_airstrip cs_militia cs_office
6. You need to make a shortcut to hlds. In the shortcut after "<game address>\hlds.exe" put -console -nomaster
-port 27015 -noipx
The nomaster is if you have cs.ns and only update client.dll, noipx is to remove ipx because it can cause problems, the port is whatever port you want it running on.
Extra bit I forgot: you will need to patch swds.dll if you don't have cs.ns, otherwise you will get a class c error if people try to join you from the internet. You can patch it with the nowon program.
Only read on if you want to configure amx or amxx.
7. You need to add "localinfo mm_gamedll dlls\zbotcz.dll" or whatever then name of your bot file is.
8. You need to change the line in liblist.gam from "game_dll mm.dll" to "game_dll "addons\metamod\metamod.dll""(with middle quotes but not outside ones.)
9. It is all ready to go and should work. Just run the shortcut and it should work. Check it all to make sure you have followed the steps correctly, and if you are 100% sure you have done it all correct you can post on our forum and we will try and solve your problem.